ARCH1101 Week 3 Progress

For this week's independent study, I have developed multiple hatching patterns based on the words generated from last week's studio and I have added these custom textures into my SketchUp model. I have also put in some details in both workshop as well as adding in the client's product respectively to demonstrate the relationship between the brand and the studio space.

1. Gucci Studio with Products



The studio space for Gucci continued the classy style of the brand with simplistic detailing added to the workshop. The long rectangular desk and the glass parapet with marble studs highlights the sophistication and nobleness of the brand.


  
2. Revival Studio with Products



The concrete block acts as a working desk space for the designers to continue the raw confronting style of Revival. Note that both the designer and the bike are insignificant in relation to the landscape.

3. Custom Texture

           

             

During the last studio, I developed multiple hatching patterns (More patterns were posted in Week 1's post) based on the words generated and I have chosen three of them to put into my model.



                   Steel (Tough)                   Glass (Lightweight)              Concrete (Compact)     

I then added these textures into my SketchUp model.



The "Glass" texture was added in the model, however, the lines of the texture does not line up perfectly due to the curving glass.


                           

Here is how the concrete underground space looks like with the custom texture, this one turns out a bit better as the lines in the texture actually connects and create a uniform texture.



Lastly, there is the custom steel texture. This one does not turn out as good as I was hopping due to the curved pipe surface.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog