ARCH1101 Week 1 Progress

1. 9 Series of Sections

This week I have developed 9 series of sections based on words that describe the two clients that I have chosen, Gucci and Revival.






2. SketchUp Model.

After the studio, I have chosen two of the more interesting sections that I have developed and attempted to make 3D models of them in SketchUp.

Creased

This is a section I have developed for Gucci's workshop above ground based on the word 'Creased'


This is a SketchUp model based on the section I drew above. I have make some changes to the shape of the building to make it look more balanced. However, I am still struggling to make the interior of the building as I have been unsuccessful in carving out the inside of the building out.

Brutal

This is a section for the underground space designed for Revival. It is an underground semi-sphere void underground with large steel pipes that pierce through the space and acts as structural columns. The workshop will be hung in between the pipes and float inside the sphere. The idea is to create a large void with a small studio space which allow user to stimulate an overwhelming notion towards the landscape. The inner walls of the sphere will be made out of concrete which mimics the extensive use of concrete in Brutalist Architecture.


I have established that the floor space for the workshop would be a square as opposed to a circle. This is because the edges of the square allows user to get closer to the inner walls of the sphere yet they are still unable to reach out and touches the wall, giving them an unreachable and endless feeling about the underground space. Unfortunately I was unable to create the overwhelming notion in the SketchUp model due to my inexperience and lack of certainty in the design. 

3. Hatching Practice


This week, I have also developed some hatching patterns using the moleskin notebook. I mainly drawn in straight lines because I wanted to practice my skill in free hand straight lines drawing. Note that the page on the left was done on the bus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog